Heat Pump Servicing / Maintenance
Heat Pump Servicing - Just like your car, all Heat Pumps and Airconditioners need regular maintenance to ensure the a long operating life. Heat Pump Manufacturers recommend the units in your home have a full
service carried out on an annual basis.
Commercial Airconditioning systems are recommended to have a full service every three to six months; these units are typically used on a daily basis, however. the frequency depends on the operational environment, and how much dirt and dust may build up in the unit.
It is suggested that the filters are cleaned approximately every three months. This can be easily done by the owner, or for those that are unable to for any reason, we do offer to clean the filters for you.
A full service on the indoor unit involves:
- Cleaning and disinfecting the unit to prevent bacteria build up on the coil and throughout the unit
- Cleaning the filters, veins and outer covers
- Checking the condensate drain and flushing with disinfectant
- Checking electrical terminals and components
- Running the unit in both heating and cooling mode to check air temperatures
A full service on the outdoor unit includes:
- Ensuring the unit is still level
- Check for obstructions in and around the unit, coil, drain and electronics to improve efficiency and performance
- Check flare joints and fittings
- Tighten valve caps, check electrical connections
- Check and clean coil
- Check refrigerant gas levels are satisfactory
- Clean the outside of the casing
- Spray against insects and bugs to prevent damage to the electronics
- The full heat pump service takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour for one indoor and outdoor unit.
Our servicing / maintenance technicians are regularly rotating through Auckland area and will contact our existing customers when their service is due.
We do, however, maintain any heat pump/airconditioning unit, so if you need a service please contact us to book in an appointment time that suits.
Check out the recent Fair Go article on why servicing your heat pump is so important: Fair Go – Heat Pump Servicing